Join our team at Davel engineering
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Staff Scientist/Project Manager/Wetland Specialist
Davel Engineering & Environmental Inc, is seeking a motivated individual to assist our
Environmental Department in all of our environmental and wetland needs.
- Managing projects, client needs, and adhering to expectations on deliverables, timelines, and budgets.
- Experience working with government agencies
- Managing wetland banks, and multiple small-scale wetland restorations for conservation and compliance purposes.
- Conduct or assist with routine wetland delineations according to the USACE Wetland Delineation Manual (1987)
- Conduct botanical surveys
- Preparation of technical reports
- Attend client meetings, workshops, and conferences
- Assist survey field crew leader; construction staking, topo surveys, etc. • Prepare supplies, trucks, survey equipment, vehicle, etc. for fieldwork • Track working hours per project
- Assist in identifying plant species
- Assist in conducting wetland delineations and Soil & Site Evaluations • Completing and transcribing field notes to electronic data forms
- Assist with documentation of soil profile descriptions
- Invasive species management- mechanical and herbicide treatment
- Measure and record groundwater depths on a regular basis
- Assist in duplication of wetland reports
- Assist in soil sample preparation for testing
- Apply pesticides under the supervision of a certified applicator.
- Deliver plans, plan sets, postage, etc. to clients, municipalities, post office, etc. • Field equipment maintenance
- Maintain trucks, ATV’s, etc.
- AutoCAD drafting
- Construction inspection
- Work as a team
- Attend project meetings
- Communicate effectively with clients and prospective clients
Fieldwork will occasionally be conducted in inclimate weather in farm field, woods, etc. Hours will generally be Monday – Friday (30-40 hours/week) with occasional opportunities for overtime. Generally, the individual will be working with the lead scientist or surveyor, but may on occasion be on his/her own collecting data out in the field. There may be occasional out-of-town work, generally within 100 miles, with occasional overnights.
Davel Engineering will consider allowing workshops. This position provides an opportunity to gain experience and insight in aspects of wetland delineation, site evaluations, surveying, and civil engineering.
Davel Engineering & Environmental Inc, is seeking a motivated Individual to assist our Survey Department in all of our land surveying services. Under the supervision of our Licensed Land Surveyors, individuals will perform work as a member of a survey crew in the office and field.
- Topographic, Boundary Survey and ALTA surveys and Construction Staking • Preparing staking report(s)
- Assist with drafting of maps utilizing company standards.
- Drafting on exhibits and other maps
- Maintaining equipment and vehicle supplies
- 2-year degree in Civil Technology or Survey
- Knowledge of Trimble GPS & Total Station
- Basic drafting skills with Civil 3D software
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Team player, flexible, accurate, and reliable
Davel Engineering & Environmental Inc, is seeking a motivated individual to assist our Engineering Department in all of our drafting needs. Under the supervision of our Professional Engineers, individuals will be given an excellent opportunity to extend their knowledge and experience.
- Prepares project plan sets, miscellaneous CAD drawings and assists with permitting
- Understand, interpret and apply drawings, regulations, codes and construction specifications
- Verify construction compliance with engineering contracts, specifications, regulations, codes and designs
- Communicate effectively with contractors, customers, regulators and engineers regarding project scope, timelines and related project information
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a CAD or Engineering related field and 1-3 years of related experience (technical knowledge of civil engineering industry
- Basic drafting skills with Civil 3D
- Must be able to demonstrate efficiency, accuracy and reasonable speed in analyzing and producing complicated civil type CAD drawings using AutoCAD.
- Team player, flexible, accurate and reliable